Friday, April 21, 2006

fierce as ever

today's route: through the luscious spring gardens of rich cantabs

i went running today since the last couple days have been foiled. on wednesday i forgot my swimming goggles, and on thursday i had to get blood taken for a lab test and i was going all over tarnation anyway. i wasnt as hardcore as to walk up all the stairs at porter sq station, but i did walk up and down the escalating steps. and also walked a bunch last night around the theatre district because a certain obnoxiously pretentious place didnt open their doors when they said they would.

thursday was measurement day and, well, at least i didnt worsen my condition. most everything seemed the same; though i did measure 1/2 inch off the hip and the thigh. maybe my tape methods are wonky, but it would make sense since i am pumping my guns after months of sitting on my duff. woo, i guess. i was hoping that my waist would have shrunk a bit, but not yet.

i saw some pix of myself (from another photographer) from yesterday's booksigning excursion and i am just appalled at how unfit i have become. i think i have been steadily getting worse after (1) moving out of college (more fattening meals, but more all-over campus activity), (2) moving out of s-p (gym in-house, the occasional walking up 8 flights of stairs), and (3) getting depressed about life and future (last few months in particular) and having super low-esteem.

i still remember one occasion that sticks out in my mind. first year at MIT, and i was just MIFFED at person/event/indignation. i dont even remember the details, but i red-facedly pummeled it out on the treadmill, with each step imagining kicking the person in the back. WITH FEELING. maybe i should do that more. it was pretty awesome. and more constructive than weeping and eating chocolate.

i have a way to go, but it's not infinite. just to be active each day and remember that i can do it! it's not possible that my best days are behind me, is it? [thinking that my best-looking days were probably around college graduation, when i was, so to speak, a hot mama...)

1 Comments:

Blogger toshi said...

i think my best looking days were back in high school! :-P i used to wrestle in the 135 lb weight class, and i'm 173 cm for the record...

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home