Monday, April 17, 2006

so here's the starting line.



admittedly, i could have shown you some of the less flattering shots taken (say thanks to the 3 to 4 layers of stretch fabrics). i want to burn off that pesky outer layer of subcutaneous fat and also tone up. i know my muscles are strong - my rock-hard calves are notorious 'round these parts! it's just a matter of polishing the roughened bits, so to speak.

i went running around 6pm. the weather was chilly and humid (it began to rain on my way back), and i went down by the river and meandered parallel to the occasional sculler, kayaker, and practicing crew team. i had an inkling that my heartrate was whack, because my HRM posed my lower limit to 134, way lower than it usually does (around 148). i also drank caffeinated beverages (tea, diet pepsi) all day so that might have done it. i was a little achy in the chest (it could have been the three layers of under-bust strappy things), and my legs/ankles were barking from the start. ugh. yesterday (sunday) was my rest day; i did walk a bit, but that was after a yummy meal at zoe's, one mile from my house. zero sum, maybe. :) anyway, tonight i felt like i was running slower than ever (while still keeping in my heartrate zone) and felt like i needed some oil on my joints or something. hmm. tomorrow i will try doing some stuff at the wang fitness center, like an elliptical and weights. just trying to move different parts.

today's route: to the river
3.82 miles
(yep. slow.)

and yes! say hello to my new friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home